Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Way I Look


Do you believe that?
 
That even how you look is part of God's design for you?
 
And that it is good?
 
And that when He looks at you and sees what He has made
He only sees beautiful or handsome?
That He only sees good?
 
____________________
 
Wow can body types vary from person to person, culture to culture.
 
And wow does what is "acceptable" in a culture ever fluctuate between cultures.
 
But the truth is, the Gem is, that how God sees and made me or you is what ultimately matters.
 
I don't remember where this concept came from when I finally "got it", but I do remember hearing a story of someone who was shorter in height than most of those around them and how they often despaired over their seeming lack of physical stature.
 
Until, later along in their lifetime being "short" turned out to be a very critical qualifier for something God had planned for them to do or be a part of.
 
I remember hearing that and asking myself a lot of questions.
 
I began to view myself differently and to accept even how I look as part of God's design and plan for me.
 
My Olive Oyl legs, my ovular nostrils, my blue eyes that change shades, my hair that has a mind of it's own. It's all for a reason, and a whole lot of freedom has come in accepting that. 

No comments: