This morning I awoke to gray, overcast skies and a silence from Nature that seemed akin to pausing a picture in motion or to that of human contemplation laced with tones of grief. I suppose it could be related to the effects of a presidential election many have deemed dismal. Or it could be related to the pressures of emotion I feel in response to current events happening in my personal life. Whatever the case, it has been beckoning me all day long to get out, to get some air, and to take a walk in the woods... with my camera... and to look for stillness. And, well, stillness... I found, and that stillness I would like to share with... you.
Enjoy!
__________________________________________________________________
Embrace the stillness, where there is stillness...
Tell me, is there some place where stillness cannot be found?
Stoop down and listen... listen for stillness...
Do you hear the stillness?
What is breaking into that stillness?
Is it the beat of your heart?
A thought in your mind?
Transitions, changes in life?

Whatever it is, whatever the stillness has revealed...
What are you going to do about it, with it?
And what will you do with the stillness?
The beautiful gift of... stillness.
__________________________________________________________________
All photos © Emily J. Bray 2012.










No comments:
Post a Comment